Laura Leonard, Advising Specialist
Appointment Hours: 1:00-4:00 M-F
For Sociology Appointments: Call 864-3500
Students who are interested in exploring a major in Sociology are encouraged to talk with Laura Leonard, our Advising Specialist, who will advise students on general education requirements as well as general information about the major and minor.
- New! Degree Requirement Checklist and Advising Report forms have replaced the ARTS form! Look for your Checklist and Report under Kyou; Advising-Student Info tab- which takes you to the Advising Screen. Click on the Progress tab, then click 'Create Degree Progress Report'. A new Degree Requirement Checklist will be processed. Print the checklist and then click on 'Print Advising Report' at the bottom of the box. Please bring both of these forms to your advising appointments. http://www.degreeprogress.ku.edu
- Declare you Major! If you have taken or currently enrolled in MATH 101, SOC 104, and at least one other SOC course and are interested in declaring a major in Sociology, please fill out this survey:
http://www.collegesas.ku.edu/students/admissions_requirements_soc.shtml and click “Apply Now” to sign up for a Sociology Orientation Session with the Advising Specialist. This is the first step to declare your major!
- If you have not taken or are not currently enrolled in MATH 101, SOC 104, and at least one other SOC course, please set up an appointment with the University Advising Center at 864-2834.
- Graduation! If you are preparing for graduation and need to fill out a Major or Minor Certification Sheet, please call 864-3500 to make an appointment with our Advising Specialist.
- Declare you Minor! Visit the Sociology Main office, 716 Fraser Hall, to sign up for an appointment with a member of the Undergraduate Studies Committee. They hold advising appointments for only two more weeks this Spring! Please bring your Degree Requirement Checklist, Advising Report and Declaration of Minor form to the appointment.
Note: Laura Leonard is the Advising Specialist for the
Departments of Sociology & Spanish. Please confirm which office your appointment will be in.
~Please bring your Degree Requirement Checklist and Adivising Report to all appointments!~